Saturday, 21 November 2015

IELTS Topics: Art ~ Who are your favourite artists?

Who are your favourite artists? What kind of art do you like most?


Today is the birthday of René Magritte, born on this day in Belgium in 1898! Magritte is known and loved for his surrealist art.

“I despise my own past and that of others. I despise resignation, patience, professional heroism and all the obligatory sentiments. I also despise the decorative arts, folklore, advertising, radio announcers' voices, aerodynamics, the Boy Scouts, the smell of naphtha, the news, and drunks.
I like subversive humor, freckles, women's knees and long hair, the laughter of playing children, and a girl running down the street.
I hope for vibrant love, the impossible, the chimerical.
I dread knowing precisely my own limitations.”

― René Magritte



On view: "The Healer," 1967
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden in Washinton DC, USA http://siarchives.si.edu/history/exhibits/pictures/hirshhorn-museum-and-sculpture-garden

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is having the general information. Got a creative work and this is very different one.We have to develop our creativity mind.This blog helps for this. Thank you for this blog. This is very interesting and useful.



    SEO Company in Chennai
    SEO Company in India
    Digital Marketing Company in Chennai
    Digital Marketing Company in India
    Web Development Company in India
    Web Design Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete